Skip to main content

Statement by Naushad Waheed Hassan


(Deputy High Commissioner of Maldives to the UK and brother of current President Mohamed Waheed Hassan)
I have resigned from my post of Deputy High Commissioner as of now. I have resigned because I cannot serve a regime that has brought down the democratically elected government of my country in a coup d’état.
Some of you may question why I have not resigned before.
When the coup was unfolding in the early hours of 7th of February my initial reaction was to resign immediately. However, as you all know, the leader of the current regime Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan is my own brother. So I decided to take time to make my own enquiries before I came to a conclusion. And it is with a heavy heart that I have to say that this is indeed an illegitimate government and I cannot be party to it.
And I say this to my brother – You are my brother and I will always love you. Do not rob our people of our right to choose our government. Do not be party to this police brutality that is ongoing in the country. Do not join with the people of the autocratic ruler (former) President Gayoom. Do the right thing – resign and hold fresh elections. Let the people of Maldives decide.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ލިޔުން ފަރިތަ ކޮއްލުމެއް

  ވިއްސާރަ ވެހި ވެހިފަ ކުއްލިޔަކަށް އިރުގެ އަލިކަން  ލިބުނު  ދުވަހެކެވެ، ޖޫން ޖުލައިގެ ހުޅަނގުގެ މޫސުން ނިމުމަކަށް ގޮސް އޮގަސްޓް މަހަށް ހަނދުބަލާ މިއަދު އެމަހުން 8 ކެވެ، އާދައިގެން މަތިން ހެނދުނު ހެނދުނާ ފަށަން ޖެހޭ ވަޒީފާ އެއްގަ އުޅޭތީ 6 ޖެހި އިރަށް ތެދުވެ ރެޑީވެގެން ކެފެޓީރިޔާ އާ ދިމާލަށް ނާސްތާ ނަގަން ހިނގައި ގަތީމެވެ، މޫސުމީ އުނދަގޫ ފަސޭހަ ވުމުގެ ސަބަބުން ހިނިތުންވެލާ ކުދިންނެއްވެސް މަދެންނޫނެވެ، ފެންނަހާ މީހަކަށް ބާއްޖަވެރި ހެނދުނަކަށް އެދެމުން ގޮސް ކެންޓީން ވަދެ ސައި ބުއީމެވެ، ނިމިގެން އާދަކާދައިގެ ތެރެއިން ސިގިރޭޓް ރޯކޮއްލީމެވެ، އަގު ބޮޑު އެއަޗެކެވެ، ހައްޓައް ނުރައްކާ ވަބާއެކެވެ، ބަލާއެކެވެ، ދެވި ހިފާ އެއްޗެކެވެ، ކުރަން ހެޔް ނުވާވަރުގެ ކަމަކަށް ވިޔަސް އެބަ ކުރެވެއެވެ، ހުއްޓާލަން ވެސް ހިތަކަށް ނާރުވަމެވެ، އަހަރެން ކުރާނެ މާބޮޑު ހަރަދު ތަކެއް ނުހުރެ އެވެ، ޅަ ނޫނަސް އަންބަކު ދަރިއަކު ނުހުރެ އެވެ، އެހެން ކަމުން ސަމާލް ކަމެއް ނުދީ ކުރެވޭ ގޯހެކެވެ، ނަމަވެސް އަޅުގަނޑަކީ ގޯސް މީހެއް ނޫނެވެ، ހަޔާތުގެ ދުވަސް ތައް އެކަނި ގުނަމުން ގެންދާ 33 އަހަރުގެ ފިރިހެނަކީމެވެ، ހަޔާތުގަ ކައި

Coinbase

Hi - I've been using Coinbase which makes it really easy and safe to buy, sell, and store digital currency (like Bitcoin). Sign up now and get $10 of free Bitcoin when you buy or sell at least $100 of digital currency. Claim your invite now: https://www.coinbase.com/join/mahmoo_xi9?src=android-share Let me know if you need help, Abdul Ghanee Mahmood